The Transfer Center provides one call access for transferring acute patients from other facilities that need the specialty care provided at The Queen’s Medical Center.
Staffed by registered nurses, the center triages referrals from physicians requesting to transfer a patient to Queen's. The Transfer Center is open seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day to take calls related to patient transfers.
The Queen's Transfer Center purpose is to:
- Establish a designated point of contact for referring physicians wanting to transfer patients to The Queen's Medical Center.
- Triage patient transfer requests, connecting referring physicians and their patients to the specialty services at Queen's.
- Use a multidisciplinary approach, coordinating with physicians, Transfer Center, Bedcontrol, case managers, and patient financial services as needed.
- Explore the benefits of bringing a patient to Queen's from outlying facilities.
- Provide the supporting data necessary for the Queen's physicians to help make the decision of determining if Queen's is the most appropriate facility for care.
- Obtain and share clinical information, establishing a safe and efficient transfer process.
- Expedite patient transfers.
- Limit potential financial liability for all parties involved.
- Assist Queen's physicians with maintaining compliance with state and federal access to health care laws.
Transfer Center Process
Transfer Center Staff
Neurology/Neurosurgery Transfer Criteria
Head Injury Transfer Guidelines